Updated: April 2018
In the course of providing its Services, MATRIX collects, uses, and discloses personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as traveller, meeting attendee, or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and home/mobile phone, fax, email, address);
- Traveller/attendee arranger and emergency contact names and information;
- Traveller/attendee preferences and trip/meeting details (e.g. routings, class of service, seat preferences, frequent flyer data, meal preferences, hotel/rail/car and other ground transportation membership data and preferences, special accommodation requests, other personal data supplied by you via your profiles, surveys, or other requests);
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/driving licence number, KTN, citizenship, date of birth, gender);
- Payment data (corporate/personal credit cards) and bank information; and
- Logins, user IDs, employee IDs, passwords, IP addresses, and browsing information.
MATRIX collects personal data:
- Directly from you when you access various parts of our Services, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels;
- From other sources, for instance the company which you are an employee of or are otherwise travelling or attending a meeting on behalf of (“Company”), including such Company’s third parties who may send us your personal data on your or your Company’s behalf; and
- From the network of websites and applications accessible through or utilised by our Services and our company, including third party suppliers (e.g. airlines, hotels, payment card providers) and our MATRIX related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents. This includes personal data we collect automatically through our websites and applications, for instance by using cookies and similar technologies.
MATRIX uses personal data to:
- Provide its Services and fulfil its obligations to your Company and travellers/attendees (e.g. complete and administer travel/meeting reservations, assist in managing the travel/meeting, provide reporting, provide notices about your account and the Services, inform you of updates to our websites and applications and other changes to our products or Services).
- Communicate with you, for instance by email, post, and phone or via MATRIX’s websites or applications and to provide you with customer service.
- Understand how our websites and applications are used and provide a customised experience as you use our Services, such as by providing interactive or personalised elements on our Services and providing you with content based on your interests (see our “Cookies” policy https://www.matrixtravel.co.uk/cookie-policy/ for more information).
- Fulfil a request made by you or your Company (e.g. reporting, questions, or other requests about your personal data).
- Send you newsletters, marketing emails, and other information or materials that may interest you, as well as showing personalised advertisements. Where required, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages or showing personalised advertisements.
- Generate aggregated profiles and use such data for reporting and analytic purposes.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or others’ rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
- MATRIX and its related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents as necessary to fulfil and support the Services, including emergency bookings and assistance, ticket issuance, responding to requests, and assessing or offering promotions.
- Companies MATRIX uses to support its business who provide ancillary services (e.g. fulfilment, surveys, storage, statistical analysis, technology, development, credit checks (as applicable)).
- Your Company for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary with your Company, including those of its personnel they request we send or make personal data available to.
- Third party service providers you or your Company request we send personal data to (e.g. providers who secure compensation for delayed, cancelled, or overbooked flights on behalf of travellers; safety and tracking information providers; companies providing weather information, travel alerts, and destination content through solutions and tools; entities who collect travel information on behalf of airline carriers for the purpose of such entities forwarding it on to certain airlines for tracking of negotiated fares between airlines and your Company; successor organisations and other travel management companies).
- Third party service providers to complete travel and attendee arrangements and reservations and fulfil the Services (e.g. Global Distribution Systems (GDSs); airlines, trains, rental car and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities; equipment and technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers, meeting registration software providers (including onsite and mobile event management solution providers), and audio visual companies; visa and passport providers; credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies).
Data consolidation companies may also be used by MATRIX or your Company for the purpose of creating reports and related statistics for benchmarking or other related purposes, including, without limitation, utilising cumulative statistical data, which may incorporate data acquired from your Company for ordinary business purposes customary in our industry and the Services we provide, but without identifying, directly or indirectly, you or your Company.
When sharing with or disclosing personal data to other parties, including to MATRIX’s related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents who provide Services and maintain facilities, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country.
MATRIX does not knowingly collect personal data from children. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use our Services to submit any personal data about themselves.
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your experience with some or all of our Services may be affected.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to access your personal data and confirm the processing of your personal data. Also, where applicable, you have the right to rectify inaccuracies or errors, erase, restrict the processing, object to processing, and withdraw consent to processing of your personal data, and where applicable, the right to data portability of your personal data. MATRIX will handle such requests in the time specified by applicable law and where permitted by applicable law, may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to any such request.
Matrix Travel Management
51 Billing Road
MATRIX will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you and/or your Company to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country).
If you require assistance or have any urgent booking enquiries outside of our normal office hours (0900-1730hours Monday-Friday) then please contact our Out-of-Hours Helpdesk on 0203 130 9757.